WebTPA Privacy Statement
(Effective Date: December 1, 2020)
WebTPA is committed to protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information. Personal information is any information that directly identifies or reasonably can be used to identify you.
This Privacy Statement explains how WebTPA uses the personal information that we collect or that you otherwise provide when you communicate with us or use our services:
- Online through our websites, including but not limited to http://www.webtpa.com (the “Sites”), any portal made available by us (the “Portals”), and our social media pages which are available from the Sites (“Social Media Pages”) (collectively, the Sites, Portals, and Social Media Pages are referred to as “WebTPA Online Services”); and
- From other sources such as your application(s), contracts or other agreement(s) with WebTPA, claim forms and related or supporting documentation, written or oral communications with WebTPA or third parties involved in our business with you.
This Privacy Statement informs you of your rights with respect to your personal information that WebTPA collects, uses, and discloses.
By using the any of the WebTPA Online Services or by providing your personal information, you accept the policies and practices stated in this Privacy Statement. Any reference in this Privacy Statement to the term “we”, “us” or “our” shall mean WebTPA.
When and how does WebTPA collect your personal information?
In general, we may collect personal information about you, directly and indirectly, depending on your relationship with us -- whether as an individual client, agent, broker, a policyholder, claimant, employee of our clients, family member of any such person, or other person who we employ or with whom we do business.
Specifically, we may collect your personal information from the following sources:
- You or your family member orally or in paper and/or online applications or other documents for insurance, employment or other services.
- Third parties, such as insurance companies, brokers or agents, medical professionals, financial institutions, and sources of publicly available information.
- Affiliates, subsidiaries, insurers, intermediaries, third party providers and others in connection with providing or responding to a request for services.
- Consumer or credit reporting agencies.
What information does WebTPA collect?
The information WebTPA may obtain includes, but is not limited to, your past, present, or future physical or mental health or condition, the provision of health care to you, payment for the provision of health care to you, your Social Security number, employment history, credit history, income information, and bank or credit card information, date of birth, gender, race/national origin, contact details (home and work address, telephone numbers, email addresses), and username, password, password reminder questions and answers for WebTPA Online Services.
Data that allows WebTPA to provide you with its services or products
Policy and claim numbers; prior or present insurance policies, coverage and claims; other insurance you hold and other data in activity notes and emails based on our previous communications with you.
We may note your preferred form of communication and marketing and record the interest you show in our services and products.
Social media account information
When you use our Portals or follow our Social Media Pages, WebTPA may receive additional personal information from you, including personal information that is part of your profile relating to those accounts or your friends’ profiles. Please review the applicable privacy policies for your social media accounts. We are not responsible for the data collection or the privacy practices of any social media accounts.
Information from other sources
We may also collect personal information about you from other sources, including commercially available sources and our business affiliates or partners.
Does WebTPA sell your personal information?
We do not sell any of your personal information to third parties.
How does WebTPA use your personal information?
We use and disclose, and have used and disclosed in the past 12 months, your personal information in order to operate our business:
Communications. We use your personal information to communicate with you and others for reasons such as:
- to give you information that you requested from us about our services or products;
- to communicate with you regarding your account or your business or employment relationship with us;
- to advise you of changes to any of the WebTPA Online Services or any service or product we provide.
Business purposes. We use and disclose your personal information in running our business such as:
- to determine eligibility and process applications for insurance services and products;
- to handle transactions such as payments and claims handling;
- to perform general business operations including audit; accounting and finance; billing and collection; data storage; website hosting; information technology functions; product development; records and information retention; fraud and risk management, detection, and prevention;
- to permit you to use the interactive features of the WebTPA Online Services;
- to conduct data analytics in order to evaluate and improve existing, business operations, services, and products and develop new or improved features, services or products;
- to confirm an individual’s identity and handle a request to know or delete personal information, as permitted by law;
- in any other way we disclose when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose for which you give consent.
Legal. We use and disclose your personal information for legal purposes such as:
- to fulfill our obligations and enforce our rights under any contract between you and us;
- to comply with legal and regulatory obligations and legal process such as court orders and subpoenas; to respond to lawful inquiries from governmental, regulatory and other authorities; and
- to obey all applicable laws.
Promotional Marketing. WebTPA uses and discloses your personal information to provide you with information relating to new or improved services or products such as:
- to deliver marketing content or promotional communications that may be of interest to you; and
- to transmit direct marketing, including newsletters, emails or other information that you have requested.
Who does WebTPA share your information with?
In order to provide you and others with our services and products, we may disclose your non-public personal information to:
- Our subsidiaries, operating companies, and affiliates;
- Consultants, vendors, and other service providers, who (i) process or complete the transaction for which the information was provided or (ii) provide services for WebTPA such as payment and application processing, marketing, technical support, webhosting, data storage, or data analysis and need your personal information to perform said work services and are contractually restricted from using or disclosing the personal information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements;
- Any entity that is needed to protect the rights and property of WebTPA and our employees, agents, users and other third parties or to prevent physical harm or financial loss of WebTPA our users or any third party;
- Regulatory, governmental, or other legal authorities to respond to lawful requests for information;
- A third party in order to comply with a court order, subpoena, search warrant, other legal process or law;
- An interested buyer (in the course of due diligence), actual buyer or successor of some or all the assets of WebTPA; and
- Any third party with your authorization or for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provided your information.
How is your personal information protected?
WebTPA has implemented physical, electronic and technical safeguards to protect your personal information, consistent with applicable privacy and data security laws. However, we cannot completely guarantee security of your personal information. You can help safeguard your personal information by keeping confidential and private all usernames, login, and passwords used to connect with WebTPA Online Services.
If you have reason to believe or know that your login and password for the Portals, your account with us or your personal information has been compromised, please contact us at the email address or telephone number below.
How long does WebTPA keep your personal information?
We will retain your personal information for as long as it is reasonably necessary, depending on the relevant legal and regulatory obligations and/or the duration of our business relationship with you, your employer or another related entity.
In certain circumstances, we may store your personal information for longer periods of time if we reasonably believe there is a possibility of a future complaint, dispute or litigation or there is another valid business reason the information may be necessary in the future.
We will securely delete or erase your personal information if there is no valid business reason for retaining that information.
Does WebTPA collect non-personal information?
Yes. When you use our Sites or Portals, we collect certain non-personal information that does not disclose your specific identity. Non-personal information is collected through various technologies, including the following:
- Tracking Technologies
When you visit with our Sites or Portals, WebTPA automatically receives and records cookie information from your browser. The cookie information includes your browser type, the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Sites, pages of our Sites or Portal that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on our Sites, how you use the Portals, and access times and dates. We use this information to monitor and analyze use of the Sites and the Portals.
We may also use other technologies such as clear GIFs, pixel tags or web beacons to count users who have visited our webpages, for related website statistics, and to compile tracking information related to our email marketing or other promotional campaigns.
- Third-Party Analytics
We use third-party service providers and services, including but not limited to Google Analytics, to collect and examine information about use of the Sites or Portals. These service providers and services may utilize tracking technologies such as cookies to collect personal information. The following link provides an explanation of how Google Analytics collects and processes data and how you can control the information that is collected about you (https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites).
Privacy of Children
WebTPA Online Services are not intended for children. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 without parental consent. We do not knowingly allow anyone under the age of 13 to register for any services. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 13 may have provided us personal information, please contact us at the email address or telephone number below. We expect all information provided by online users to be truthful and correct regarding age and other information provided.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
From time to time, WebTPA may update this Privacy Statement. Please note that the Effective Date at the top of the page shows when this Privacy Statement was last revised. We encourage you to review this Privacy Statement periodically so that you are informed of our current practices. By continuing to use any of the WebTPA Online Services after we post a newly updated Privacy Statement on the Sites, you consent to any changes we make to this Privacy Statement.
If you have questions regarding this Privacy Statement, any of WebTPA’s privacy practices, or your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at 1-800-371-2919.
This Privacy Statement was last updated on December 1, 2020.